The church in Wisbech St Mary has been centred on its site for around 1000 years. Its first recorded vicar took up the reins in 1252 John de Cadamo MA. According to ancient tradition, this Church, or the original Church on this site, was the Mother Church of the Parish of Wisbech. This building dates back to the 12th century and has many additions and modifications mostly dating back to the 15th century and before.
Looking forward, as society has changed so much over the hundreds of years, today we are keen to increase community and the broader interest in the building and the life of the church around the parish.